By Mike Aux-Tinee.
It does not seem that it’s been a year since I started this blog. The time has just passed so quickly. I have learned so much since I have started writing. It’s really not as easy as I thought it would be. Maybe that’s because I worry about what I am sending out; does it makes sense…? Did I make grammatical errors…? Or worse yet, if no one finds it relevant! Yea, I think I spend more time editing than I actually took to write the first draft! There will be a time I learn to be even more self-confident. But baby steps!
As I move through my program of cutting debt and focusing on what is important. I’ve learned to be grateful for what I have; my family & friends, my health and happiness. And to let go of what I can not control; the weather, what people say or think. Then just continue on being me and let the chips fall where they may.
Each and every day I continue to grow and learn more about myself and what is truly important.
I was able to accomplish a lot last year and here is a brief list of what I did.
- I was able to travel to Alnwick England. I met some very nice people, saw a very cool garden and castle and logged in some much-needed R&R.
- I (finally) began my first novel which I hope to have finished some time later this year.
- I have eliminated over 90% of my school loan debt and they will be gone by March! Which means that I will be 100% debt free. (The waiting is really killing me!)
- I took control of my own happiness.
- I made a new friend, Bernoulli (see photo above & below). We have some similar interests; he loves to play catch and take naps! He is the coolest little dog and is just as mischievous as I am. (Short story, he got out of his pen and wrecked havoc on some paper he got a hold of. His green eyes in the photo make him look like he is possessed. Which is what my friends thought when they came home and witnessed his little show of individuality). Which is another trait we both have… like I said, one cool little dog.
With all of these things going on, I can honestly say that my life was much better last year and I hope this year goes the same way.
I am going to continue to write about getting out of debt, to live the life I (and you) was meant to live and anything else that comes along that I think will help inspire, motivate or let you know, you are not alone. That there are more people are out there just like you trying to change their lives for the better.
I am very grateful and I wish to thank everyone who took the time to stop by read what I had to say and left comments. I appreciate the help and advice as I work to improve writing the content of these posts.
Some of the more popular posts in 2011 were:
- What the Grateful Dead have taught me about success.
- Self-Reliance and maybe you should be like a Lemming after all.
- Did you know, the grass is still green and the sky is blue?
- Do not kick a buffalo.
- How to deal with emotional resistance to change.
My goals for 2012 are:
- To continue creating valuable content. I hope everyone will continue to take a minute to let me know what they think and ways to improve.
- I am planning a trip to Venice Italy.
- Finish my first novel.
- Live the life that is more about learning, reflection and discovery than buying things.
- Ride my bike more
- Continue to simplify my life.
I hope everyone has an inspired 2012!